||LINE Securities Corporation
||Regulated in Japan
||LINE FX App, LINE FX Pro
||Domestic stocks, IPOs, investment trusts, foreign exchange (FX)
||Securities Account, FX Account
||AI chat, 24 hours
||LINE Pay, bank account registered with LINE Pay, other methods
||Bank transfer, LINE Pay withdrawal
Overview of LINE Securities
LINE Securities Corporation is a Tokyo-based company that offers non-face-to-face securities brokerage services. Established in 2018, LINE Securities provides a range of investment products to investors, including domestic stocks (in-kind trading and margin trading), initial public offerings (IPOs), investment trusts, and foreign exchange (FX) trading.
The commission structure for buying and selling stocks through LINE Securities varies based on the transaction price. For online transactions involving 100 shares, the commission is 55 yen (including tax) when the transaction price is within 50,000 yen. When the transaction price ranges between 50,000 yen and 100,000 yen, the commission is 99 yen (including tax).
There are three trading methods available for clients to choose from. For first-time traders, the recommended option is Ichikabu, which allows investment starting from a few hundred yen per share.
LINE Securities offers several deposit methods, including deposit from LINE Pay, deposit from a bank account registered with LINE Pay, immediate deposit from Internet banking of affiliated financial institutions, and transfer to the LINE Securities deposit account. Withdrawal options include transferring funds to clients' LINE Pay account or the registered withdrawal account.
The trading hours for Ichikabu align with the opening days of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The daytime trading hours are 9:00-11:20, 11:30-12:20, and 12:30-14:50, while night trading hours are from 17:00 to 21:00.
In terms of regulation and risk management, LINE Securities is regulated in Japan and holds a Retail Forex License. It has a good capital ratio and a positive influence score. The company's website provides access to various resources and information for traders.
LINE Securities is affiliated with reputable financial institutions such as HSBC, BNP Paribas, Commerzbank AG, Standard Chartered, MUFG Bank, Chase Bank, Bank of America, Nomura International plc, BARCLAYS, Citibank, N.A., and UBS AG, which ensures liquidity and customer asset protection.
It's important to note that the provided information has a time machine score of 7.15 and a regulatory index score of 7.12, indicating a relatively good standing in terms of compliance and regulation. However, as with any investment platform, it is recommended to conduct further research and due diligence before making investment decisions.
Pros and Cons
When considering LINE Securities as a securities brokerage service, it is helpful to evaluate its pros and cons. The following table provides an overview of the advantages and disadvantages:
||Limited trading hours
|Diverse investment products
|Flexible deposit/withdrawal options
||Limited regulatory information
||Limited customer support channels
Is LINE Securities Legit？
Yes, LINE Securities is considered legitimate as it holds a Retail Forex License and is regulated by the Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan. The Retail Forex License is a regulatory authorization that allows the company to provide foreign exchange (Forex) trading services to retail clients. The fact that LINE Securities has obtained this license and operates under the oversight of the FSA indicates that it meets the regulatory requirements and standards set by the Japanese financial authorities. This provides assurance to investors that the company operates within the legal framework and follows the necessary regulations to protect the interests of its clients.
LINE Securities offers a variety of market instruments and products to investors. These include:
1. Domestic Stocks: LINE Securities facilitates trading in domestic stocks through in-kind trading and margin trading. Investors can buy and sell shares of listed companies in the Japanese stock market.
2. Initial Public Offering (IPO): LINE Securities provides access to IPOs, allowing investors to participate in the offering of shares of newly listed companies. This gives investors an opportunity to acquire shares at the initial offering price before they start trading in the secondary market.
3. Investment Trust: LINE Securities offers investment trust products, which are collective investment schemes that pool funds from multiple investors to invest in a diversified portfolio of assets. This allows investors to access professional investment management and diversification.
4. Foreign Exchange (FX): LINE Securities enables investors to engage in foreign exchange trading, also known as Forex trading. This involves buying and selling currencies in the global foreign exchange market, providing opportunities to speculate on currency price movements.
Additionally, LINE Securities mentions the introduction of Security Token Offerings (STOs) as an attractive product. STOs involve the issuance of digital securities using blockchain technology. This allows investors to invest in various assets, such as corporate bonds and real estate, which were previously less accessible to retail investors.
Overall, LINE Securities offers a range of market instruments and products that cater to different investment preferences and objectives. Investors can trade domestic stocks, participate in IPOs, invest in investment trusts, engage in Forex trading, and potentially explore opportunities through STOs.
Pros and Cons
|Potential for capital appreciation
||Volatility and market risks associated with investments
|Access to a wide range of investment opportunities
||Limited availability and allocation for IPO shares
|Diversification of investments
||Management fees and expenses for investment trusts
|Professional management of investment portfolios
||High volatility and risks associated with currency trading
|Opportunities for currency speculation and potential profits
||Regulatory uncertainties in the STO market
|Access to a wider range of investment assets
||Need for thorough due diligence in assessing risks and complexity
LINE Securities offers different account types to cater to various trading needs. Here are the details:
1. Securities Account: This account type allows users to trade domestic stocks, engage in margin trading, participate in initial public offerings (IPOs), and invest in investment trusts. It does not support forex trading.
2. FX Account: If you wish to trade forex, you will need to open a separate FX account. Forex trading is not available with just a securities account. If you already have a securities account, you do not need to provide identity verification documents again when opening an FX account.
It's important to note that these account types are separate, and each serves a different purpose. The securities account focuses on domestic stocks and related investments, while the FX account caters specifically to forex trading.
Regarding demo trading, LINE Securities does not provide a demo trading feature. Therefore, users will not be able to practice trading with virtual funds before engaging in real trading.
Pros and Cons
|Easy and quick account opening process
||No demo trading available
|Variety of account types to choose from based on trading needs and preferences
||No joint account option
|Multiple funding options available
||Limited product offerings compared to other brokers
|No account maintenance or inactivity fees
||Limited educational resources for beginners
|No deposit or withdrawal fees
||Limited research tools available
|FX account can be opened quickly and easily alongside securities account
||No access to international markets
|No identity verification documents needed when opening an FX account alongside a securities account
How to Open an Account？
Opening an account with Line Securities is a simple and convenient process. Here is a step-by-step description of how to open an account:
1. Enter Confirmation: Start by visiting the Line FX website or app and tap on the “Click here to open a free account” link. This will initiate the account opening process.
2. Mobile Phone Authentication: You will need to undergo mobile phone authentication as part of the account opening procedure. Follow the instructions provided to complete this step. Mobile phone authentication is a security measure to verify your identity.
3. Submit Identity Verification Documents: After completing the mobile phone authentication, you will be required to submit identity verification documents. These documents are necessary to verify your personal information and comply with regulatory requirements. Ensure that you have the required documents ready, such as identification cards or passports, and follow the instructions to upload them securely.
Once you have completed these three steps, your account application will be reviewed by Line Securities. If all the information provided is accurate and meets their requirements, your account will be successfully opened. You will receive confirmation and further instructions regarding your new account.
It's important to note that the account opening process can be done easily using a smartphone or PC. Line Securities does not accept account opening through written applications. Also, make sure to keep your LINE app updated to the latest version for a smooth account opening experience. Additionally, Line Securities offers “Simple identity verification” for account opening, which allows you to complete the identity verification process externally using your smartphone.
By following these steps, you can open an account with Line Securities quickly and start trading as early as the next business day.
The spreads offered by Line Securities represent the difference between the bid and ask prices of currency pairs. Spreads can vary depending on market conditions and the specific currency pair being traded. Line Securities aims to provide competitive spreads to its traders. Here is a general overview of the spreads you can expect:
1. Major Currency Pairs: Line Securities typically offers tight spreads for major currency pairs such as USD/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and AUD/USD. These spreads can range from as low as 0.2 pips to a few pips, depending on market volatility.
2. Cross Currency Pairs: Spreads for cross currency pairs, such as EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, and AUD/JPY, may be slightly wider compared to major currency pairs. The spreads can range from around 0.5 pips to a few pips.
3. Exotic Currency Pairs: Exotic currency pairs, which involve currencies from emerging markets or less frequently traded currencies, tend to have wider spreads compared to major and cross currency pairs. The spreads for exotic pairs can vary significantly and may range from a few pips to double-digit pips.
It's important to note that spreads are subject to market conditions, including liquidity and volatility. During periods of high market activity or news events, spreads may widen temporarily. Traders should regularly check the real-time rates and spreads provided by Line Securities to stay informed about the current trading conditions.
Commissions & Fees
LINE Securities offers a commission structure, aiming to provide the lowest fees in the industry. Let's examine the commission details for different trading types.
- The spot transaction fee for LINE Securities is among the lowest in the industry.
- Comparing physical transaction fees, for contract amounts ranging from ¥50,000 to over ¥30 million, LINE Securities charges fees starting from 55 yen to 1,070 yen, including tax.
- LINE Securities offers commission-free transactions for margin trading regardless of the contract price.
- Comparing margin trading commissions, for contract amounts up to ¥500,000 and over, LINE Securities charges zero yen.
Interest Rates and Stock Lending Fees:
- LINE Securities offers competitive interest rates of 2.80% for buying and stock lending fees of 1.15% for selling.
Ichikabu (Shares Less Than One Unit):
- There is no fee for Ichikabu transactions; however, the transaction cost is based on the difference between the presented price and the market price.
Overall, LINE Securities provides competitive and affordable commission rates for spot trading, margin trading, and Ichikabu transactions. Their aim is to offer simple and cost-effective investment opportunities to their clients.
Pros and Cons
|Commission-free margin trading
||Transaction costs may vary based on trading type and contract price
|Aims to offer the lowest fees in the industry
||Limited information provided on additional fees
|No fees for Ichikabu (shares less than one unit)
||No explicit information on currency conversion fees
||Limited availability of information on negotiated transactions
Deposit & Withdraw
Line Securities allows for withdrawals through their FX app or LINE FX website after logging in. Withdrawal requests made by 15:00 on a business day will be credited to your bank account on the following business day. To withdraw money, you need to set up a withdrawal account in advance by registering the withdrawal destination account from the “Set withdrawal account” option in the LINE app menu. You can only set up an account with the same name as the account name in the company. Withdrawal fees are free.
To deposit funds, you can use the quick deposit feature or bank transfer. Quick deposit enables immediate deposits through the Internet banking of affiliated financial institutions without any deposit fee. The deposit fee for bank transfers is charged by the financial institution of the transfer source. Deposits can also be made from LINE Pay, with a separate LINE Pay transfer fee of 176 yen (tax included) being charged. Transfers and deposits can also be made to accounts of other services such as FX accounts or each CFD account, with no handling fees.
It is important to note that deposits cannot be made from a name different from the account name of the company, and if you make a transfer under a different name, you will need to reverse the transfer. The customer is responsible for the cost of reassembly, and refund procedures will be handled by the financial institution that made the transfer.
Line Securities offers multiple trading platforms to cater to the diverse needs of traders. Here is a description of their trading platforms:
1. LINE FX App:
The LINE FX App is a dedicated mobile trading platform designed for smooth and convenient forex trading. It is available for download on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store. The app offers a user-friendly interface and features real-time market information, charting tools, order placement, account management, and access to various trading functionalities. It is suitable for traders who prefer trading on the go using their smartphones.
2. LINE FX Pro:
LINE FX Pro is a comprehensive and highly functional PC trading platform offered by Line Securities. It is designed to provide advanced trading features and enhanced charting capabilities. LINE FX Pro focuses on ease of use and offers a range of tools and indicators to support technical analysis. Traders can access real-time market data, place trades, manage orders, and monitor their accounts efficiently. It is recommended for experienced traders who prefer trading on a desktop or laptop computer.
Both the LINE FX App and LINE FX Pro provide access to the same trading instruments, including 23 currency pairs, and offer features such as real-time rates, market information, order execution, and account management. Traders can choose the platform that suits their preferences and trading style.
It's important to note that the specific features, functionalities, and user interfaces of the trading platforms may evolve over time, so it's advisable to visit the official Line Securities website or contact their customer support for the most up-to-date information on their trading platforms and services.
Pros and Cons
|Multiple trading platforms (LINE FX App, LINE FX Pro)
||Limited to forex trading, no other asset classes
|User-friendly interface for easy navigation
||Limited availability of advanced trading tools
|Real-time market information and rates
||Limited educational resources for novice traders
|Access to 23 currency pairs for trading
||No demo trading available for practice
||Limited customization options for trading platforms
Line Securities offers various payment methods to facilitate depositing and withdrawing funds. Here is a description of the payment methods available:
1. Quick Deposit: This method allows for immediate deposits through the Internet banking services of affiliated financial institutions. You can select your desired financial institution during the deposit process, and the procedure will commence. Quick Deposit does not incur any deposit fees.
2. Bank Transfer: Line Securities allows you to transfer funds from any bank, including over-the-counter, ATM, and internet banking services. When initiating a bank transfer, fees may be charged by the financial institution from which the transfer is made. The details of the deposit account for bank transfers can be found on the deposit screen.
3. LINE Pay Transfer: If you have funds in your LINE Pay balance, you can transfer money to your dedicated deposit account using LINE Pay's bank transfer service. A separate LINE Pay transfer fee of 176 yen (tax included) applies in this case.
4. Transfer from Other Services: Line Securities enables you to transfer funds from other accounts you may have, such as securities accounts or each CFD accounts. This option allows for convenient consolidation of funds. There are no handling fees associated with transferring funds from these accounts, and the reception time is typically within 24 hours.
It's important to note that the availability and specific details of payment methods may be subject to change. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is recommended to refer to Line Securities' official website or contact their customer support.
Pros and Cons
|No handling fees for transfers from other accounts
||Fees may be charged by the financial institution for bank transfers
|Offers various options for depositing and withdrawing funds
||Separate transfer fee for LINE Pay transfers
|Ability to transfer funds from other services
||Availability and specific details may be subject to change
The customer service of Line Securities provides various support options to assist users with their inquiries and concerns. Here is a description of their customer support services:
1. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Line Securities offers a comprehensive FAQ section where users can find answers to commonly asked questions. The FAQs cover a wide range of topics related to account management, trading, regulations, and more. Users can access this resource to find solutions to their queries quickly and conveniently.
2. AI Chat: Line Securities has an AI-powered chatbot that can address a wide range of user questions and provide instant responses. The AI chat is available 24 hours a day and can be accessed through the Line talk room. By simply entering a question, users can receive immediate answers from the AI chatbot. Line Securities claims that their AI chatbot can correctly answer 90% of user questions, as confirmed by external vendors.
3. Trading Hours Information: Line Securities provides information on trading hours for Ichikabu, which refers to the trading of stock futures contracts on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The trading days for Ichikabu coincide with the opening days of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and the trading hours are divided into daytime trading and night trading sessions.
It's important to note that the availability and scope of customer service offerings may be subject to change. For the most up-to-date information and personalized assistance, users are advised to visit Line Securities' official website or contact their customer support directly.
Please be aware that the specific details and effectiveness of the AI chatbot may vary, and it may not be able to address complex or highly specific inquiries. In such cases, users may need to reach out to Line Securities' customer support team for further assistance.
For Ichikabu, the trading days are the same as the opening day of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, and the trading hours are 9:00 - 11:20, 11:30 - 12:20, 12:30 - 14:50 (daytime trading) and 17:00 - 21:00 (night trading).
Line Securities provides services to customers who live in Japan.
LINE Securities Corporation is a Tokyo-based company that offers non-face-to-face securities brokerage services. It provides a range of investment products, including domestic stocks, IPOs, investment trusts, and foreign exchange trading. LINE Securities is regulated in Japan and holds a Retail Forex License, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and client protection. The company has a good capital ratio and affiliations with reputable financial institutions, ensuring liquidity and asset protection.
Advantages of LINE Securities include the convenience of non-face-to-face brokerage, diverse investment products, flexible deposit/withdrawal options, and reputable affiliations. Additionally, the company aims to provide competitive spreads and low commission fees, making it cost-effective for traders. The account opening process is straightforward, and there are multiple account types to choose from based on individual trading needs.
However, there are some disadvantages to consider. LINE Securities has limited trading hours, and commission fees may vary based on transaction price and type. The availability of regulatory information and customer support channels is also limited. Furthermore, while the company offers a variety of investment products, there may be limited availability and allocation for IPO shares, and the STO market may have regulatory uncertainties.
In conclusion, LINE Securities is considered a legitimate securities brokerage service with advantages such as convenience, diverse investment products, and competitive fees. However, potential drawbacks include limited trading hours, commission fees, and some limitations in terms of regulatory information and customer support. It is important for investors to conduct further research and due diligence before making investment decisions.
Q: What trading methods are available with LINE Securities？
A: LINE Securities offers three trading methods: in-kind trading, margin trading, and Ichikabu. In-kind trading allows users to buy and sell domestic stocks directly. Margin trading allows users to trade stocks with borrowed funds, increasing their trading capacity. Ichikabu is a recommended option for first-time traders and allows for investment starting from a few hundred yen per share.
Q: What are the deposit and withdrawal options with LINE Securities？
A: LINE Securities offers several deposit methods, including deposit from LINE Pay, deposit from a bank account registered with LINE Pay, immediate deposit from Internet banking of affiliated financial institutions, and transfer to the LINE Securities deposit account. Withdrawal options include transferring funds to clients' LINE Pay account or the registered withdrawal account.
Q: Is LINE Securities regulated？
A: Yes, LINE Securities is regulated in Japan and holds a Retail Forex License. It operates under the oversight of the Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan, which ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and standards.
Q: What are the trading hours for Ichikabu？
A: The trading hours for Ichikabu align with the opening days of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. The daytime trading hours are 9:00-11:20, 11:30-12:20, and 12:30-14:50, while night trading hours are from 17:00 to 21:00.
Q: Does LINE Securities provide a demo trading feature？
A: No, LINE Securities does not provide a demo trading feature. Users will not be able to practice trading with virtual funds before engaging in real trading.
Q: What are the account types offered by LINE Securities？
A: LINE Securities offers two account types: Securities Account and FX Account. The Securities Account allows for trading domestic stocks, participating in IPOs, and investing in investment trusts. The FX Account is specifically for forex trading. Both account types serve different purposes and have separate functionalities.
Q: How can I open an account with LINE Securities？
A: To open an account with LINE Securities, you can visit the Line FX website or app and follow the account opening process. It involves mobile phone authentication, submission of identity verification documents, and review by LINE Securities. The account opening process can be done using a smartphone or PC, and LINE Securities does not accept written applications.
Q: What are the spreads offered by LINE Securities？
A: The spreads offered by LINE Securities vary depending on market conditions and currency pairs. For major currency pairs like USD/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and AUD/USD, spreads can range from as low as 0.2 pips to a few pips. Cross currency pairs and exotic currency pairs may have slightly wider spreads.
Q: What are the commission fees with LINE Securities？
A: LINE Securities offers competitive commission rates. For spot trading, the fees range from 55 yen to 1,070 yen (including tax) for contract amounts ranging from ¥50,000 to over ¥30 million. Margin trading transactions are commission-free regardless of the contract price. Interest rates for buying and stock lending fees for selling are 2.80% and 1.15%, respectively.
Q: What payment methods are available for deposits and withdrawals？
A: LINE Securities offers quick deposit through Internet banking of affiliated financial institutions without any deposit fee. Bank transfers from any bank are also accepted, and fees may be charged by the financial institution from which the transfer originates. Deposits can also be made from LINE Pay, and transfers and deposits can be made to accounts of other services without handling fees. Withdrawals can be made to registered bank accounts or LINE Pay accounts, and withdrawal fees are free.