||Not currently regulated
||Depends on the account type, with margin rates ranging from 9.25% to 7.75%
||Varies depending on the trading instrument
||Stocks, options, futures, mutual funds, ETFs, bonds and CDs
||Power E TRADE, E*TRADE
||Brokerage accounts, retirement accounts, Core Portfolios, managed portfolios, small business accounts, bank accounts
||Phone support, email support, live chat
|Deposit & Withdrawal
||Bank transfer, wire transfer, check deposit, mobile check deposit, stock, options, and mutual fund transfers
||Free educational resources on trading and investing, including a news center, investing tools, retirement planning, and learning resources.
Overview of E TRADE
E TRADE is a US-based online investment platform that offers a wide range of tools for traders and investors. Founded in 1982 and currently not regulated, E TRADE provides access to a diverse range of market instruments, including stocks, options, futures, mutual funds, ETFs, bonds and CDs, and prebuilt portfolios. The brokerage offers several account types, including brokerage and retirement accounts, Core and Managed Portfolios, small business accounts, and bank accounts. The Power E TRADE trading platform is available for stocks, options, and futures trading, offering intuitive charting tools, advanced risk analysis, and informative trading probabilities. E TRADE offers a variety of customer support options and educational resources, including investing tools, news and research, and retirement planning resources.
Is E TRADE legit or a scam？
This broker does not currently have any valid regulation, which may present potential risks for traders. Additionally, the NFA regulation claimed by the broker (license number: 0320906) is suspected to be a clone, further adding to the risk for traders. It is important for traders to exercise caution and thoroughly research the broker before investing with them. Choosing a regulated broker can greatly reduce the risks associated with trading.
Pros and Cons
E TRADE offers a range of benefits and drawbacks for traders and investors. On the positive side, the brokerage offers a wide range of trading instruments, multiple account types, and a robust trading platform complete with advanced charting tools. Additionally, E TRADE provides commission-free trading for a variety of ETFs, as well as free educational resources and prebuilt portfolios designed by investment professionals.
However, E TRADE is not currently regulated, which can present potential risks for traders, and customer support options may be limited. Spreads can also vary depending on the trading instrument, and futures contract fees may be higher for some traders. Ultimately, traders and investors should carefully consider both the pros and cons of using E TRADE before deciding to invest with this brokerage.
|Wide range of trading instruments
||Not currently regulated
|Multiple account types to suit different needs
||Potential risks for traders due to lack of regulation
|Power E TRADE trading platform with intuitive charting tools and advanced risk analysis
||Spreads can vary depending on the trading instrument
|Prebuilt portfolios designed by investment professionals
||Higher futures contract fees for traders with fewer than 30 trades per quarter
|Commission-free trading for over 100 ETFs
||Not available to traders in all countries
|Free educational resources to help traders improve their knowledge and skills
||Limited customer support options outside of phone, email, and live chat
Here are some additional details on the trading products offered by E TRADE:
1. Stocks: E TRADE provides traders with access to a wide range of equities from major global markets, making it possible for them to invest in companies that align with their investment goals. 2. Options: Traders have access to a variety of options contracts, which can be used for hedging and speculation. E TRADE offers customizable options chains, advanced trading tools, and educational resources to help traders make informed decisions.
3. Mutual Funds: Traders can access a diverse range of mutual funds, including no-load funds and low-cost ETFs, offering portfolio diversification and exposure to specific sectors and asset classes.
4. ETFs: E TRADE offers commission-free trading for more than 100 ETFs. These provide traders with low-cost, passive exposure to various markets and sectors.
5. Futures: E TRADE offers futures contracts on various asset classes, including stock indices, currencies, metals, and energy. Futures provide traders with leveraged exposure to these markets and can be used for hedging and speculation.
6. Bonds and CDs: E TRADE enables traders to invest in a range of bonds and CDs, offering fixed income and diversification benefits.
7. Prebuilt portfolios: Traders have access to prebuilt portfolios designed by investment professionals, based on specific investment goals and risk tolerance.
8. IPO/New Issues: Traders can participate in initial public offerings (IPOs) and other new issues, providing access to companies at the earliest stages of their public offerings.
E TRADE offers several different types of accounts to suit the needs of different traders and investors:
1. Brokerage accounts: These are standard accounts for buying and selling securities, including stocks, bonds, options, and mutual funds.
2. Retirement accounts: E TRADE offers several types of retirement accounts, including traditional and Roth IRAs, as well as SEP and SIMPLE plans for self-employed individuals.
3. Core Portfolios: These are automated investment portfolios managed by E*TRADE's robo-advisor technology. They are designed for investors looking for a hands-off approach to investing.
4. Managed Portfolios: These are personalized investment portfolios managed by professional portfolio managers. They are designed for investors who want a more customized approach to investing.
5. Small Business accounts: E TRADE offers several options for small business owners, including retirement plans and business brokerage accounts.
6. Bank accounts: E TRADE also offers a range of banking products, including checking accounts, savings accounts, and mortgage loans.
How to Open an Account？
Opening an account with E TRADE is a straightforward process that can be completed online. Here are the steps:
1. Visit the E TRADE website and select “Open an Account.”
2. Choose the account type that best suits your needs, such as a brokerage or retirement account.
3. Provide personal and financial information, including your name, address, Social Security number, and employment details.
4. Choose your trading preferences, such as the types of securities you want to trade and your risk tolerance.
5. Verify your identity by submitting copies of your ID and other documentation.
6. Fund your account using a bank transfer or other payment method.
Once your account is approved and funded, you can start trading and managing your investments on the E TRADE platform.
Stock and Futures Trading Fees: Traders with 0 to 29 trades per quarter will pay $0 for stock and options trades and $0.65 for options contracts. For traders with 30 or more trades per quarter, the futures contract fee is $0.50. Online secondary trading is subject to a fee of $1 per bond (minimum $10, maximum $250). Commission for trading futures contracts is $1.50 per contract and $19.99 for shared funds.
E Trade offers traders the Power E Trade trading platform, which can be used to trade stocks, options, and futures with ease of use and is certainly the most suitable trading platform if traders are keen to track markets and trading movements. Investors can also use E*Trade, as well as the mobile version of the trading platform to trade.
Power E TRADE is an innovative platform that features intuitive and easy-to-use tools for stocks, options, and futures trading. Here are its main features:
1. Charting tools that automatically populate charts with technical analysis patterns and education, making it easier for traders to analyze trends.
2. Traders can easily understand the probabilities of an option trade at a glance, helping them to make informed trading decisions.
3. The platform offers historical charting with over 100 studies, 30+ drawing tools, and multiple chart types, providing traders with a wealth of data to analyze.
4. Risk analysis tools are available that help translate the options Greeks into plain English, enabling traders to assess potential risks and rewards.
Overall, Power E TRADE is an ideal platform for traders passionate about tracking markets and trading, with a wide range of features and tools to suit their needs.
E TRADE is a well-established online investment platform that offers a wide range of tools for traders and investors. Here are some key features of the platform:
1. Independent analyst research, quotes, news, and charts, providing traders with a wealth of information to make informed decisions.
2. Investing tools and screeners to spot emerging opportunities, helping traders to identify potential investment opportunities.
3. Retirement planning and learning resources to help traders plan for the long-term and improve their investing skills.
Overall, E TRADE is an excellent platform that offers a broad set of features and tools to help traders and investors achieve their financial goals.
E TRADE offers a range of customer support options to traders and investors. Here is a summary: 1. Customer Service: Traders and investors can speak with a customer service representative about their brokerage or bank account by calling 800-387-2331.
2. Stock Plans: For personalized support with employee stock plan accounts, traders can contact E TRADE at 800-838-0908 between 12 a.m.-11:59 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday.
3. Designated Brokerage: This service enables companies to track their employees' trading activities. For support, traders can call 855-432-6834 between 9 a.m.-6 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday.
Overall, E TRADE's customer support options aim to provide traders and investors with personalized and timely support to address their specific needs.
E TRADE offer free educational resources to help traders and investors improve their knowledge and skills. E TRADE has a dedicated news center that contains the latest financial and forex knowledge, including breaking news, analysis, and commentary from leading financial experts.
In conclusion, E TRADE is a well-established online investment platform that provides traders and investors with a wide range of trading instruments, account types, trading platforms, and educational resources. However, it is important to note that the broker is currently not regulated, which may present potential risks for traders. Therefore, traders should exercise caution and thoroughly research the broker before investing with them. Despite this, E TRADE's Power E TRADE trading platform and prebuilt portfolios make it a viable platform for those looking to invest in the financial markets.
Q: What type of account can I open with E TRADE？
A: E TRADE offers a variety of account types to meet different needs, including brokerage accounts, retirement accounts, managed portfolios, and small business accounts.
Q: Is there a minimum deposit requirement to open an account with E TRADE？
A: No, E TRADE does not have a minimum deposit requirement for their brokerage accounts.
Q: What trading platforms does E TRADE offer？
A: E TRADE offers two different trading platforms, Power E TRADE and E TRADE, both of which provide advanced charting tools and other features to help traders.
Q: Are there any fees associated with using E TRADE？
A: Yes, E TRADE charges various fees for different services, including commissions on trades, account maintenance fees, and other charges.
Q: Does E TRADE offer any educational resources for traders？
A: Yes, E TRADE provides a range of educational resources to help traders improve their skills and knowledge, including a news center, investment tools, and retirement planning resources.
Q: Is E TRADE a regulated broker？
A: No, E TRADE is not currently regulated, which may present potential risks for traders.